Monday, August 4, 2008

SQL Versus Other Topics

Learning SQL was easier for me than most of the other topics. Of course, I am no good at it right now, but I'm sure I can get it with a lot of practice. It at least made sense to me, and I understood what was happening in the videos and in the assignment. Data modeling last week was harder for me, especially the joining together of two tables that had multiple relationships. This made a little more sense this week when working with SQL. I also has some difficulty with the join function. It made sense in the lecture, but then in the videos I became confused. I then looked at the W3Schools and it helped. SQL was a little harder for me than XML. I was scared of XML, but it really isn't bad. Since I know some HTML, it helped. The hardest topics were things dealing with the server and networking and learning all of the new terminology. I am a lot more comfortable now entering commands in the command line though. Although I will still have to look most of them up to make sure I'm doing it right.

No comments: